An Affordable Catholic Education
- Financial assistance through School Tuition Organizations (STOs) that provide scholarships based on financial need, donor recommended scholarships, or both
- Privately funded scholarships
- Pastor Scholarships
Resources for Financial Assistance
Empowerment Scholarship Accounts (ESA)
Empowerment Scholarship Accounts (ESA) are available to all Arizona K-12 students and contracts are administered by the State of Arizona. The ESA program allows families to choose the best school for their needs and have their educational tax dollars follow them to that school. It expands educational opportunities for all Arizona students outside of the public school system by providing public funding that can be used for a wide variety of educational expenses (i.e. private school tuition, educational therapies, tutoring, and more).
- Required paperwork: Birth certificate for student and proof of residency for the parent applying.
- Requirement: Resident of Arizona, from age 5 (before January 1st) through 12th grade. Depending on age, some PreK students may qualify regardless of grade.
- STOs cannot be used along with ESA
- Funding depends on many factors, and for the 22/23 school year, families across the state received between $6,300-$7,200 per student.
- The ESA Parent Handbook and website has more information on ESA and ESA allowable expenses.
If a family chooses to accept ESA, the school finance office must be notified. The Finance Director will assist St. Mary-Basha families on the ESA process.
School Tuition Organizations (STOs)
CEA provides scholarships through the tax credit program for students at St. Mary-Basha Catholic School and other Diocesan schools. We require all of our families seeking financial assistance apply through CEA. The application is available starting in February and is due annually by April 15th. The completed application process includes a submission of your current year tax return. Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding. Late applications are not eligible for early funding decisions (round 1) and are subject to available funds. Apply for CEA at https://www.fairapp.com/Index.aspx
School code: 700 / School password: cea700
Financial aid covers a portion of the tuition costs. The amount of the award is determined by CEA after reviewing your completed application and available funds. We encourage families that qualify for need based scholarships to apply to CEA and at least two other School Tuition Organizations (STOs).